I don't remember if I posted this to the list, but I almost gave a talk to the Boston ACM on some of the source mangling we do with parrot's internals back in June. I've annotated the slides and put the PDF up for folks who might be interested: http://www.sidhe.org/~dan/presentations/Parrot_Implementation.pdf

Nothing really new if you've been following along, but if you've never dived into the core ops or pmc processing system they may be interesting.