At 7:32 PM +0200 9/1/04, Robert Schwebel wrote:
Hi,

Did anybody try to crosscompile parrot? It doesn't seem to work.

That doesn't surprise me. We still pull information out of the local perl install (which'll be wrong, of course, in a cross-compilation environment) and I'm pretty sure we don't pass in the right flags in the right places to cross-compile properly.

Part of the problem with this is that we just don't have people with a need or experience doing cross-compilation, though I'd be thrilled if we can find someone. (Any and all patches to make things cross-compile friendly, or even less cross-compile unfriendly, will be greatly appreciated)