On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Steve Fink wrote:

> So what I need is names for these. At the moment, I'm mostly using $(SO)
> for shared lib extensions, $(DYNMOD) for d-l-modules. The buildflags I
> gneerally call $(LD_SHARED) or something with shared for shared libs,
> and something like $(LD_DYNMOD_FLAGS) for d-l-modules.
>
> Clearly, I'm not very experienced with dealing with these things across
> platforms, so I was hoping somebody (Andy?) might have a better sense
> for what these things are called.

Sorry -- offhand I don't have any sense of any "standard" names, and I
won't have time till late next week to look at it at all.  The most
important thing is to *DOCUMENT CAREFULLY* exactly what the names are and
what they mean.

Whatever names you add, please list them in config/init/data.pl along with
a nice good long verbose description of exactly what they are.  See
the existing entries for cc, link, and ld for some good examples.  See
ld_shared and ld_shared_flags for some bad examples.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]