On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:51:15PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 11:25 AM -0700 10/21/04, Bill Coffman wrote:
> >I read somewhere that the requirement for parrot code is that it
> >should be compliant with the ANSI C'89 standard.  Can someone point me
> >to a description of the C89 spec, so I can make sure my reg_alloc.c
> >patch is C89 compliant?
>
> I don't think the ANSI C89 spec is freely available, though I may be
> wrong. (Google didn't find it easily, but I don't always get along
> well with Google) If the patch builds without warning with parrot's
> standard switches then you should be OK. (ANSI C89 was the first big
> rev of C after the original K&R C. If you've got the second edition
> or later of the K&R C book, it uses the C89 spec)

Its available for the low, low price of $18.  Makes a great stocking stuffer.
Or frightening accessory this Halloween!
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS%2FISO%2FIEC+9899%2D1999

(That's the C99 spec but it should be clear from it what was C89 and what's
been introduced with C99).

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Beef Coronary