On Monday 08 November 2004 06:50 pm, Christian Lott wrote:
> Having a little trouble with vim.
>
> I think the problem is that imc.vim.in needs to go through ops2vim.
>
> C:\parrot\editor>perl ops2vim.pl imc.vim.in imc.vim
> Can't open imc.vim: No such file or directory at ops2vim.pl line 8, <>
> line 85.
> syn keyword imcOp
>
> C:\parrot\editor>perl ops2vim.pl imc.vim imc.vim.in
> Can't open imc.vim: No such file or directory at ops2vim.pl line 7.
> syn keyword imcOp
>
> C:\parrot\editor>perl ops2vim.pl imc.vim.in
> syn keyword imcOp
>

> This is in the .NET window (MSVC).
>
> I'm placing these files into the /vimfiles directory which is adjacent
> to the vim63 directory both of which are under the VIM directory.

From editor/Makefile:

imc.vim: imc.vim.in ../ops/*.ops
   cp -f imc.vim.in imc.vim
   perl ops2vim.pl ../ops/*.ops >> imc.vim

so basically you want to feed all the 'ops' files into ops2vim.pl and then
tack the output onto the end of imc.vim.in to make imc.vim.

There are a bunch of other editor-relevant files there, check
editor/README.pod for info; just replace ~/.vim with wherever\vimfiles, and
~/.vimrc with wherever\_vimrc.

Cheers
hobbs