Matt Fowles wrote:

   string pinning
    Bernhard Schmalhofer wanted to pass the same C-string into to different
    external functions so that the first could do things to it that the
    second required. However, the solution that he found kept eating his
    string after the first invocation. Dan and Leo came to the conclusion
    that the 'd' parameter for NCI was the correct thing to use in this
    situation.
Actually it is the 'b' signature specifier, for a raw buffer.

   eval changes
    Leo updated the implementation of eval to make it even cooler or
    possibly just clean it up and fix some bugs.... I forget.

<http://xrl.us/dy5i>
Thanks for putting that into the summary, because I missed it on the list. Now I know why the 'eval' macro in Parrot m4 is failing.

CU, Bernhard
Dipl.-Physiker Bernhard Schmalhofer
Senior Developer
Biomax Informatics AG