On Nov 5, 2005, at 19:37, Will Coleda (via RT) wrote:

Sending as a patch since 1) we're close to a freeze, and 2) this is
allison's code.

Allison: this patch fixes a dependency issue in the makefile,
eliminates some deprecation issues, and corrects a small issue in the
grammar that allows punie to at least match 'print 1;' again...

Awesome. I've committed it in my local svk mirror, and will merge it back in after the Sunday release.

But it still fails at runtime with:

get_pmc_keyed() not implemented in class 'PerlUndef'
current instr.: '_main' pc 48 (punie.pir:64)

Which is a result of the 'traversal' that's hard coded and the match
that was generated disagreeing about what's what.: You drill down to
a subrule that isn't there, and boom. If you get that working, then
you trip over the PAST bug I just submitted under a separate cover.

The next step after I add TGE (tree grammar engine) to the parrot repository is to use it in punie, which eliminates the silly hard coded 'traversal' and the PAST prototype.

Allison