On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, The Perl 6 Summarizer wrote:

 Perl 6 perlplexities
   Michele Dondi worries that the increase in complexity of some aspects of
   Perl 6 is much bigger than the increase in functionality that the
   complexity buys us. In particular Michele is concerned that the Perl 6
   parameter passing and signature stuff is going to be a big loss. People
   mostly disagreed with him. Rob Kinyon made a remark that chimed strongly

To be sure, I never intended to claim that "signature stuff is going to be a big loss", and I hope that I didn't. First of all I chose it solely as an example. Then the sense that I was trying to convey is that 90% of what has already been stuffed in it will already be "the best thing since sliced bread", and that trying to fit the remaining 10% of all fancy types of parameter passing may not really make it better hence resulting in a _possible_ loss.

Michele
--
   "premature optimization is the root of all evil"
- Tad McClellan in clpmisc, "Re: Whats the variable holding the dir seperator?"