On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:27:11AM -0800, jerry gay wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm not implementing copy at the moment as I lack knowledge. I might
> > just write the default open/while(){write}/close method for cases when
> > everything else fails.
>
> since there seem to be non-File-specific methods destined for the File
> PMC, perhaps it could be renamed to something more appropriate, like
> FileSystem. thoughts?

I think getting away from "File" is good.  By analogy with "OS", for
convenience, and in keeping with common usage, I like "FS".  Today,
anyway.

PS: If some class is named "Filesystem" someday, the "S" shouldn't be
    capitalized: "filesystem" is an established single term in CS.
    "Filesys" maybe as a short form?
--
Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>