On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 01:57:40PM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:

> >>Copyright notices should have the form:
> >>
> >>   Copyright <years>, The Perl Foundation.
>
> Whoops, typo, that's:
>
>    Copyright (C) <years>, The Perl Foundation.

Are you sure?  As I understand things, the symbol (C), that is the
letter C in parentheses, has no legal bearing whatsoever.  In general
the word "Copyright" is sufficient for international copyright concerns,
but if you want to add something else it should be the symbol ©, that is
the letter C in a circle.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but this is what they learned me at
college.  Though this was at about the same time as countries such as
Mauritius, Liberia and the USA were becoming party to the Berne
Convention, so maybe that changed things for the USA.  I don't think
this is the case though.  Indeed,
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.html only talks about:

  The symbol © (the letter C in a circle), or the word “Copyright,” or
  the abbreviation “Copr.”

I wouldn't have said anything, but your correction seems to indicate
that the (C) is important.  Is my information outdated?

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net