After applying the various build patches I posted earlier today, I tried
running make test.  Unforutnately, it appears to hang in
t/examples/shootout_1.pir.  It ran for about 15 hours before I finally
killed it.  Curiously, it hadn't racked up much CPU time at all -- ps
showed '0:00'.  A perl version of the same ackerman(3,9) benchmark runs to
copmletion just fine, in a little under 4 mintues.

This problem may have been around for quite a while.  I vaguely recall
having to kill this process back in January, but I was on the trail of
bigger problems at the time, and just chalked it up to impatience -- not
wanting to wait for the program to end.

I'll look into this some more in the next week or so as time permits.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]