Eric Hanchrow wrote:

I think it's relevant to note that I'm using the native Win32
subversion client, and hence most of my files are in DOS format:
carriage-return/linefeed at the end of each line.  If I convert that
file's line endings to Unix format (plain line-feeds) it works.

You're right, that's the missing piece. If, after a successful build, I delete F<runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pbc>, unix2dos Crow.pir and try to build Crow.pbc again I get the same error.

    > make runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pbc
    ./parrot.exe -o runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pbc
runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pir
    error:imcc:syntax error, unexpected $end
            in file 'runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pir' line 146
    make: *** [runtime/parrot/library/Crow.pbc] Error 1

Ron