On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Paul Cochrane wrote:

> On 01/08/07, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 July 2007 23:23:22 Paul Cochrane wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > > This is what I thought.  However, making the change made suncc
> > > happier, which made me wonder if it worked on other platforms (it
> > > seemed to) and hence why I asked.  Better safe than sorry :-)
> >
> > I think only GCC can compile the computed goto core.  Certainly Visual
> > Studio
> > can't, and it doesn't suprise me that suncc doesn't want to.
>
> After some more testing that seems correct.  Andy mentioned to me
> yesterday about configuring with --cgoto=0 and this allows parrot to
> compile on Solaris with suncc.
>
> I'll add this to the relevant hints file.

The computed goto core used to work with suncc.  Apparently the computed
goto core has changed in some way that it now no longer compiles.

It might be better to see if it's possible to undo that change so it
compiles again, or to adjust the config/auto/cgoto/test_c.in test to more
accurately test what the computed goto core is doing.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]