On Tue Aug 07 20:00:03 2007, millerlf <!-- x --> at telus.net wrote:
> when I ran "make test" I get 1 failure. Looks like this ...
>
> not ok 16 - examples/shootout/regexdna.pir
> #     Failed test (t/examples/shootout.t at line 103)
> [...]
> # Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> [...]
> I am running kubutu fiesty x86_64 on a pentium-D 925 & 1gb ram

The general consensus is that this recurring and sporadic problem is
related to an ongoing GC bug.  I've merged #44495 into RT#43481, which
has some other discussion of the same issue.

What happens if you run the test directly from parrot, both with and
without the -G flag?

    $ parrot examples/shootout/regexdna.pir

    $ parrot -G examples/shootout/regexdna.pir

Also, very important -- what svn revision of Parrot is showing the
segfault for you?

Thanks!

Pm