In http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=43172, we discussed
the fact that in configuration step class inter::pmc, the code for
prompting the user to select among pmc's was, in effect, turned off
because we weren't sure that it was advisable, at this point in time, to
permit users to make that selection.

I changed inter::pmc to auto::pmc this morning.  It passed all tests, so
I committed it to trunk.

Now, turning my attention to config step inter::ops, I see the same
situation:

### START CODE ###
    # ops selection disabled - until we can build and load
    # opcode subset libs
    if ( 0 && $conf->options->get('ask') ) {
        print <<"END";

The following opcode files are available:
  @ops
END
        {
            $ops = prompt( 'Which opcode files would you like?', $ops );

            if ( $ops !~ m{\bcore\.ops} ) {
                print "core.ops must be the first selection.\n";
                redo;
            }
        }
    }
### END CODE ###

So inter::ops is not currently permitting a selection among opcode
files, either.

My recommedation is that we do here what we did in inter::pmc, viz.,
eliminate the prompting code and change this class from inter::ops to
auto::ops.

Any objection?

Thank you very much.
kid51