chromatic,

> [t] Nuked t/src/vtables.t, which pokes into the guts of libparrot using
> functions not documented nor promised in the extension API.  Making this test
> work actually correctly in a sane and safe way would require either:

Between 1/2 and 2/3 of the functions in src/vtables.c is actually
being tested by the test suite (without the vtables.t test); how can
we then exercise the remaining code to ensure that it (a) works or (b)
is even necessary (IIRC Parrot_new_vtable() is never called)?

I would like to (at some stage) increase the test coverage level of
the C-language parts of Parrot.  How is it best to do this?  By
testing the C routines directly (my first guess)?  Or indirectly via
pir or something?

Paul