# New Ticket Created by  Klaas-Jan Stol
# Please include the string:  [perl #49001]

IMCC's top level non-terminal rule looks something like:

program: compilation_unit
            | compilation_units compilation_unit

compilation_unit: sub
                       | /* other stuff like HLL ... */

pmichaud wondered what actually /is/ a compilation unit. In the classic C.S.
sense, it's a file, or string that results in one block that is evaluated
(in PCT at least, I guess Perl too? don't know, I'm not a perl programmer).
.
This is different from IMCC and its docs, where a compilation unit seems to
refer to individual subs.

In order to prevent confusion, I propose to stick to the classic sense, and
replace "compilation_unit" with some other word (jsut stick to "sub").
IMCCs docs should then be updated accordingly. (and source, which is kinda a
lot of work, but let's just forget about that for now)

kjs