On Wednesday 23 January 2008 10:20:03 Andy Dougherty wrote:

> my suggested reordering is unlikely to fix this.  The undefined
> symbol '_Parrot_set_executable_name' is referenced in pbc_to_exe.o, so
> the linker should have been looking for it already when it encountered
> -lparrot.  This indeed looks like something is going on to specifically
> hide symbols, but I have no idea how Mac OS works in this regard.

We should be using -fvisibility=hidden with GCC 4.x on Mac OS X, which may be
causing the problem.

Of concern to me right now is that I'm using GCC 4.x on Linux and that flag's
not in my Makefile, so something that touched the GCC attribute detection
recently might have caused things to go gooey kablooie.

-- c