On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 06:00:39AM -0700, Will Coleda via RT wrote:
> Your workaround, btw, is probably:
>
>  touch config/init/hints/hurd.pm

That actually complained about a non-true value.  The correct
incantation turned out to be:

  echo '1;' > config/init/hints/gnu.pm

The Configure.pl step was successful after that.

The make step was also successful, though it stopped a few times for
errors like:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kolibrie/src/parrot/src/dynpmc'
perl /home/kolibrie/src/parrot/tools/build/pmc2c.pl --dump dynlexpad.pmc
Writing src/pmc/default.dump: No such file or directory
pmc2c dump failed (512)
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kolibrie/src/parrot/src/dynpmc'
make: *** [dynpmc.dummy] Error 2

Each time I just started make again, and eventually it finished (this is
on a very slow box).

Right now I'm running make test, and it seems to be doing okay.  It
might finish by the time I get home from work.

I'll try out the patch from James Keenan after the make test finishes.

-kolibrie