On Tue Jun 17 17:12:30 2008, japhb wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:27 -0700, Packy Anderson wrote:
> > Here's the command I'm using to configure and make
> > $ make realclean; CC="gcc-4.0" CX="g++-4.0" perl Configure.pl --
> > cc="$CC" --cxx="$CX" --link="$CX" --ld="$CX" --optimize; make -j 2
>
> That's a pretty advanced build method.  OK, let's sanity check:

For years it was required for PPC OS X builds. He tried with a plain
Configure.pl this weekend
to no avail, so I gave him my old script. (he added in the optimize)

> * Does it still fail if you don't override the compiler and linker?
> * Does it still fail if you don't run a parallel make?
> * Does it still fail if you don't configure with --optimize?
> * Does it still fail for just 'make realclean; perl Configure.pl; make'?

That's a different failure mode.

I wonder if the fix for the DEPLOYMENT_TARGET removes the need for this old
hackery:
Packy, did you try a plain configure again without the options after you
applied that patch?

Do me a favor, try that, and if the build fails, submit another ticket showing
what happens
with the build. Then we can work on fixing that old issue as well. (And if it
works, all the
better.)

--
Will "Coke" Coleda