On Thursday 19 June 2008 12:13:40 Mark Glines via RT wrote:
> On Wed Jun 18 10:57:05 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Solaris10 with sparc, during the make process I get this:
> >
> > perl /home/phoebus3/ANJ/work/parrot/tools/build/pmc2c.pl --c
> >    subproxy.pmc
> > Cannot restore overloading on HASH(0x286dc8) (package
> >    Parrot::Pmc2c::Emitter) at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
> >    blib/lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line 323, at
> >    /home/phoebus3/ANJ/work/parrot/tools/build/dynpmc.pl line 200
> > gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 255
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> >    `/home/phoebus3/ANJ/work/parrot/src/dynpmc'
> > make: *** [dynpmc.dummy] Error 2
>
> Do you happen to know whether this recently started occurring, or
> whether it has been the case for a while?

No, sorry. I first saw the problem a couple of weeks ago, but that was my
first attempt to build on this platform. The simplest solution is probably to
raise the minimum required version of Perl from 5.8.0 (as listed in README)
to whichever version has Storable fixed (certainly on Solaris 10 with Perl
5.8.8 it works fine).

- Andrew
--
Talk is cheap. Show me the code. -- Linus Torvalds