# New Ticket Created by  NotFound
# Please include the string:  [perl #56262]

The chr opcode is documented in docs/ops/string.pod as:

chr(out STR, in INT)
           The character specified by codepoint integer $2 in the
current character set is returned in string $1.

But the implementation just calls string_chr, which return a string
ascii, iso_8859_1 or utf8 depending on the codepoint value.

If we change that, we break some code, like
examples/shotout/mandelbrot.pir, that seems to expect that the result
will always be a string with just a byte with the numeric value of his
argument for every 0-255 value.

Maybe we need another opcode, or a way to tell the desired character
set and encoding.

--
Salu2