On Fri Jun 27 08:01:57 2008, coke wrote:
> On Thu Jun 26 22:21:22 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 June 2008 20:02:18 Will Coleda via RT wrote:
> >
> > > Attached, find a patch that allows us to specify a ":deprecated"
> > flag (post
> > > op, ala :flow). It also adds a new parrot warning (configurable with
> > > warningson) level called PARROT_WARNING_DEPRECATED_FLAG. The patch
> > only
> > > applies this flag to getclass.
> > >
> > > Comments welcome. (Hopefully sooner than it took me to comment on
> > kjs's
> > > last send on this ticket. =-). The one thing I'm not sure about is
> > that I'm
> > > just using fprintf as in kjs's original sample. Could probably stand
> > > actually use parrot IO. I'm also not happy that it doesn't show the
> > > location of the opcode, but I can live with that for now.
> >
> > +1 from me as-is.  ParrotIO stuff will likely have to change in the
> > medium-term anyway, so we'll probably have to modify this code (if we
> > don't
> > remove the ops altogether) at some point anyway.
> >
> > -- c
> >

> Here's a more extensive version of the patch, marking other ops as
> deprecated, and updating DEPRECATED.pod.
>
> However, running this, the new deprecation warnings are triggered during
> 'make test'. Which is nifty, but not something we want turned on by
> default yet, I think.

This was because when using t/harness, Test::Harness::runtests was adding the
'-w' option..
which is usually harmless with both perl and parrot, but since we're adding a
level of
warnings we don't want enabled by default for parrot, I've disabled this in
r28843.

Rest of the patch applied in r28844.

Closing ticket.
--