Michael:

I install TAP::Harness::Archive from CPAN, then applied the patches to a
fresh checkout from trunk.  I configured, built and ran 'make
smolder_test'.  The Smolder test completed and stated that it uploaded
-- though I have a tough time matching my particular report to those at
http://smolder.plusthree.com/app/public_projects/smoke_reports/8.

More importantly, running the Smolder test revealed that
lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm was itself in violation of some
t/codingstd/perlcritic.t standards.

08:37 dalek : Committing Michael Peters' most recent patches for Smolder
testing
08:37 dalek : (http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=55954).  NOTE:
08:37 dalek : lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm is failing perlcritic.t policy
re comments with
08:37 dalek : 'TODO' -- a failure I found out by running make
smolder_test itself!
08:37 dalek diff: http://www.parrotvm.org/svn/parrot/revision?rev=29572

not ok 166 - Test::Perl::Critic for
"/home/jimk/work/forsmolder/lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm"

#   Failed test 'Test::Perl::Critic for
"/home/jimk/work/forsmolder/lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm"'
#   at t/codingstd/perlcritic.t line 69.
#
# Perl::Critic found these violations in
"/home/jimk/work/forsmolder/lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm":
# Flag comment 'TODO' found at
/home/jimk/work/forsmolder/lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm line 100
# Flag comment 'TODO' found at
/home/jimk/work/forsmolder/lib/Parrot/Harness/Smoke.pm line 108

I was told on #parrot that you have to replace # TODO comments by
creating RT tickets and referencing the RT instead of the TODO.

Perhaps it would be simpler to just delete these comments.  Please
advise.  Thank you very much.

kid51