On Sun Jul 13 19:25:11 2008, pmichaud wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:00:29AM -0700, James Keenan via RT wrote:
>
> Here's a question I have -- what are the various use cases for running
> the various test targets?  Perhaps if we enumerate the use cases we
> could understand it better and make our targets match.

Patrick:

I think your question and your use-cases are very insightful, as they
recognize that different people involved in different aspects of the
Parrot project have different needs with respect to the feedback they
get from testing, and hence have different degrees of
(personal/intellectual/emotional) investment in different subsets of our
many test suites.

I'd like to move your questions to a separate RT ticket, marked TODO --
a ticket which would be considered longer-term in nature precisely
because the questions raised have such a broad impact.

And I'd like to do so more particularly because I'd like to submit some
patches which make some short-term improvements that may alleviate the
problems particle describes on Win32.

Is that okay with you?

Thank you very much.
kid51