On Tue Jul 29 11:01:12 2008, particle wrote:

> overall, i'm impressed at the 50% speedup. given that these are
> relatively fast tests, it makes sense that since there are half as
> many files (and therefore half as many invocations of perl), the tests
> take half the time to run. other than my concern about the testing
> strategy that led to my failing test, i think it's ready for trunk.

I did a merge into a fresh sandbox and resolved a couple of dozen
conflicts, I then ran 'make' and 'make test' on Linux.  All tests
passed.  I'm double-checking now, then will commit to trunk.

I haven't changed the auto::ctags test yet, but perhaps my conflict
resolution will clear things up.  In any event, I think we're at the
point where exposing them to the smoke tests will be beneficial, and
we're at an okay point in the monthly cycle to risk some failures.

Committed to trunk in r29867.

Thank you very much.
kid51