On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Ronald Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Peters wrote:
>>
>> Ronald Schmidt wrote:
>> I've been meaning to update that wiki page to point to the progress we're
>> making toward this. I should also write up how Smolder already accomplishes
>> those goals (well, the ones it does accomplish).
>
> Thanks.  If I had noticed that smolder was already in development to fix the
> issues on the RFP  page I would probably have moved on to a different
> project.  I now notice the link to smolder at the bottom of the page, but
> there is no mention in the page content of smolder's role as a solution to
> the requirements for better reports.

Smolder is a fairly new player in our testing strategy, and it looks
like we dropped the ball on keeping the wiki up to date here. My
apologies. I did hit the links you sent out earlier, and they were
helpful. See below.

> My system currently fulfills some requirements that do not seem to be
> handled by your system including:
>
>   * Give me the results of all reports of t/steps/inter_progs-01.t on
>     all OS/platform/compiler combinations for the past seven days.
>
>   * Tell me which OS/platform/compiler combinations have been
>     smoke-tested in the past thirty days.

More queryability of the smolder data would be spiffy.

I especially like the first one here. Makes it easy to see if
something is isolated to a particular platform or set of platforms.

> It also provides analysis for reports submitted with "make smoke", which
> continue to be submitted.  So I am still interested in suggesting that the
> wiki page be updated to note both, as you mention, "how smolder accomplishes
> those goals" as well as a link to my system's reports at
> "http://www.software-path.com/parrotsmoke";.

Ronald, you can go ahead and add own data there if you like.

Michael, can you update the page with more smolder information?

--
Will "Coke" Coleda