Will Coleda wrote:
So, again, do we in parrot want to support the ability to dig into our
callers register set and pull out a particular register since we have
no way to say which register that is when we're using PIR? Even
unique_reg just says 'the register doesn't change', not "it's PMC
register 3"
When you take a reference to the register you specify (just by naming it - with it's $P0 or it's .local name) which register it is that you want to reference. (What I forgot before is there's a dynop at work here too...). So nothing here needs to know, in the PIR itself, what actual register number is being used.

Jonathan