On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Jonathan Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rakudo is currently failing t\spec\S12-class\attributes.t. This turns out
> not to be an issue with attributes, but rather exceptions. The test does:
>
> my $c = Counter.new();
> try {
>   $c.x
> }
> ok($!, 'no public accessor for private attribute');
>
> And fails because the Exception PMC does not implement the get_bool vtable
> method (which I'm guessing must have changed when we merged pdd25cx). I'm
> not sure what the best solution for this is...in the meantime, I have fudged
> that test, so the rest of attributes.t passes again now.

seems to me this is trying to test whether there's a defined value in
$!. however, you've jumped straight into blaming parrot's Exception
PMC, without considering the expected perl 6 behavior. does Exception
inherit from Object, and if so, doesn't Object's .true method by
default return .defined? if so, then we should be wrapping Exception
PMCs in perl 6 objects, and the inherited .true method will make this
test work.

of course, this is purely conjecture based on my fuzzy recollections.
maybe someone with more confidence on this topic can speak to it?
~jerry