Ha someone be successful using dtrace on parrot?
When I am using ustack(), I get only hexa addresses instead of function names.
When I am using bt in gdb, I got stack trace with names so I would
expect the same with dtrace.
I get the same results with leopard and nexanta.

Is there some compiler  option used when compiling parrot that breaks ustack()?

The code for parrot is accessible from : http://www.parrotcode.org/
I track my progress with parrot and dtrace in :
http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot/index.cgi?dtrace

The relevant part of the parrot Makefile is :

AS               = as
CC               = /usr/bin/gcc-4.0
CC_INC           = -I./include
C_LIBS           = -lm -lgmp -lreadline -lpcre -framework OpenGL
-framework GLUT -lcrypto -lintl
CC_SHARED        =
CFLAGS           = $(CC_INC) -I/opt/local/include -fno-common
-no-cpp-precomp  -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-I/opt/local/include -pipe -fno-common -Wno-long-double
-DHASATTRIBUTE_CONST  -DHASATTRIBUTE_DEPRECATED  -DHASATTRIBUTE_MALLOC
 -DHASATTRIBUTE_NONNULL  -DHASATTRIBUTE_NORETURN  -DHASATTRIBUTE_PURE
-DHASATTRIBUTE_UNUSED  -DHASATTRIBUTE_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT
-falign-functions=16 -fvisibility=hidden -maccumulate-outgoing-args -W
-Wall -Waggregate-return -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts
-Wcomment -Wdisabled-optimization -Wendif-labels -Wextra -Wformat
-Wformat-extra-args -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wformat-y2k
-Wimplicit -Wimport -Winit-self -Winline -Winvalid-pch
-Wmissing-braces -Wmissing-field-initializers
-Wno-missing-format-attribute -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wpacked
-Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wsequence-point
-Wno-shadow -Wsign-compare -Wstrict-aliasing -Wstrict-aliasing=2
-Wswitch -Wswitch-default -Wtrigraphs -Wundef -Wunknown-pragmas
-Wno-unused -Wvariadic-macros -Wwrite-strings -Wbad-function-cast
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wimplicit-function-declaration
-Wimplicit-int -Wmain -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wnonnull -I/sw/include -DHAS_GETTEXT -g -Wno-shadow
-DHAVE_COMPUTED_GOTO  $(CC_SHARED)
LINK_DYNAMIC     =
LINK             = c++
LINKFLAGS        = -undefined dynamic_lookup -L/opt/local/lib -L/sw/lib
LD               = c++
LDFLAGS          = -L/opt/local/lib -L/Users/stef/svn/parrot/blib/lib -L/sw/lib

--
cognominal stef