NotFound wrote:
Given that the name will be mainly used via macros, a long and
meaningful name can be used, such as Parrot_PMCdata_<PMCname>
That's a good refinement, we can make the change after the next release.

The attached patch does it. There is a lot of changes, I suspect many
of them are candidates for replacing with use of the SET_ATTR and
GET_ATTR macros. Maybe defining a macro SELF_DATA_TYPE will be a
convenient shortcut.

Reading through the updated code, it seems that (using "Task" as an example):

  Parrot_PMCdata_Task

is not much clearer than the original "Parrot_Task" was. Let's go with:

  Parrot_Task_attributes

(Fortunately, with the string "PMCdata" in all the type names, it should be easy to write an automatic search-and-replace.)

I only modified and tested parrot core, surely several languages needs
some patching. Also, don't fixed line length codingstd. I expect
approval before taken care of that,

Otherwise approved, and thanks!

Allison