I'd say the fact that it has to do checking within the routine anyway
is no reason not to add checks to catch errors earlier.  Making the
signature programmer-friendlier is like adding javascript validation
to a web form - sure, the target of the submission still has to do its
own validation, but it's still helpful for the user to do it up front.

On 10/5/08, NotFound <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> (I'm making as many parameters and struct members unsigned as possible so
>> that
>> the compiler can warn us if we ever use signed values with them.  This is
>> one
>> nice way to check some of our assumptions.)
>
> But sting_substr is called directly from opcodes, then the simpler way
> is that his arguments reflects directly those of the registers
> implied, and make all checks and conversions desired inside the
> function.
>
> --
> Salu2

Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>