On Thursday 05 February 2009 08:57:18 jerry gay wrote:

> we will roll our own bignum, and give users the ability to use gmp or
> another external library at configure time.

That sounds like a fantastic recipe for hard-to-debug configuration problems
and all of the joys of fixing copious amounts of bugs we don't even know
about.

We're pretty decent at writing VMs and compiler tools and languages.  If we
were also good at writing transcendental and arbirtrary precision math
libraries, we'd probably already have written one.

-- c