Chaim Frenkel wrote:

> > [stuff about exceptions being self-ignorable]
>
> I am adamant against increasing the number of methods of creating
> action at a distance. (Look at the planed removal of all the $/, etc
> variables. Don't keep adding this type of problem.

I agree completely.  Not to put words into Peter's mouth, but I think
he was just trying to be inclusive in re some other peoples' requests.

As far as I know, the proposed omnibus Exceptions RFC does not go there
(except, of course, that exceptions are themselves action at a distance,
in the sense that they are non-local flow control).

Yours, &c, Tony Olekshy