As I understand it, there is currently no agreed upon common event
loop architecture in Perl.  This means that if two event-based modules
are used together (say, Net::IRC and POE) the one who's main loop
starts up first will win.

So the question I put to you all is, would it make sense for Perl to
have a common event loop from which all other modules can then draw,
thus avoiding the current state of conflict?  Or will a stable
threading implementation provide the equivalent?

PS This seemed like the right place to post this, other than
perl6-language which is stretched as it is.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse