On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 11:48:51PM -0000, Perl6 RFC Librarian wrote:
> =head1 TITLE
>
> my Dog $spot should call a constructor implicitly

Look at me, replying to my own RFC, how tacky.  :)

> If the multi-argument form of the constructor were to be adopted this would
> have to change.  Dog->$METHOD would either have to return a tied scalar,
> thus being the equivalent of:
>
>     $spot = Dog->$METHOD()->STORE("Spot");

This should be something like:

    $temp = Dog->$METHOD();
    $temp = "Spot";
    $spot = tied($temp);

Or possibly, if $METHOD returns a tied scalar that doubles as an object:

    $spot = Dog->$METHOD();
    $spot = "Spot";

I'll fix it in the next revision, which I'll submit after some discussion,
or after some time has passed, whichever comes first.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com