On Mon 11 Sep, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:

> > (?@foo) is sort of equivalent to (??{join('|',@foo)}), ie it expands into
> > a list of alternatives.  One could possible use just @foo, for this.
>
> It just occurs to me that this is already possible.  I've written a
> module, 'atq', such that if you write
>
>         use atq;
>
> then your regexes may contain the sequence
>
>         (?\@foo)
>
> with the meaning that you asked for.

Yes, but is this a very good way to go forward, the use of overload is
"heavy", if somthing might be useful.  (See other note about generalised
additions to regexes).

(?@foo) has no meaning I checked the code

> Anyway, since this is possible under Perl 5 with a fairly simple
> module, I wonder if it really needs to be in the Perl 6 core.  Perhaps
> it would be better to propose that the module be added to the Perl 6
> standard library?

The module is small, but this does not mean that adding functionality to the
core is necesarily a bad idea.

Richard

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]