> So you want to declare subs, then run the subs at compile time and replace
   > the block in the source with the output from the sub? Well, that's
   > ambitious, I'll give you that.

Perl 5 already has this in the (somewhat cumbersome) form of source filters.
I'll have an RFC describing a way to integrate and simplify those for Perl 6.

   > I'm not entirely sure that you want a preprocessor
   > that's *that* flexible, but I did ask for it...

Oh, believe me, you *do*.

I could never have implemented switch.pm or Perligata.pm without source
filters. Hmmmm. I suppose some people might claim that's a good and
sufficient reason *not* to have them! :-)

Damian