Tom Christiansen wrote:

> >A main goal for Perl 6 is to make it faster, more compact, and lighter
> >weight. This means moving lots of former core functions into modules.
>
> Andy D once posted something showing empirical evidence
> that this hypothesis is in fact *FALSE*.

Ok. Perhaps I should restate my leading statement:

   *IF* we insist on moving tons of core functions
   out of core, then this RFC proposes a method for
   preventing Perl from becoming miserable to work
   with.

I'm actually not pro "let's move it all out of core" myself (anyone else
here use C's #include much?). But if it is done then this provides a way
to counteract it.

That being said, it could still introduce some neat functionality.
However, it does introduce some issues such as differing site registry
files, etc, etc, meaning it wouldn't be necessarily suitable for
large-project production code.

-Nate