Ted Ashton wrote:

> Moving the discussion to perl6-language:
>
> Thus it was written in the epistle of Nathan Wiger,
> > Chaim Frenkel wrote:
> > >
> > > Language
> > >   -> Obsolete Features
> > >      -> 1. Formats are not commonly used ....
> > >
> > > I'm sorry where did this come from. I use formats regularly and quite
> > > usefully.
> >
> > I agree 100%. If it was possible to agree more than 100% I would.
>
> I'm not sure what more there is to say--formats are very common in my code as
> well.  They were, after all, a big part of why Perl was created in the first
> place and the need has not gone away.

Maybe we should talk about how to extract the functionality
of formats out of the core into a separate module.  That the functionality
that formats provide is needed is out of the question, but
I guess the removal would make the parser more light-weight.

I'm not sure how a format module interface could look like,
but that's what we should put up on our discussion list.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]