>Doesn't print 'GLOB' for me, but that's because a lot of real-world systems
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^
>haven't hit 5.6.0 (I'm guessing, not absolutely sure that's the cause),

If you look at it, you'll notice that "real" is here being used as
something of a pejorative, and, as such, can become a negative flash
word and so make people tune out of what's being said.

Consider:

    A *real* skateboarder doesn't care about snow in his face.
    Man, you sure need a *real* girlfriend.
    Once you get a *real* job, you'll understand these matters.
    Like, why don't you have a *real* car?
    It's not as though Lower East Peoria's a *real* city, you know.
    At a *real* school, that would never fly.
    The *real* world has more important concerns to occupy its time.

Your use of "real" clearly falls into this pattern.

Every time someone uses "real" in that way, what they're actually
doing is putting somebody else down by disparagement.  As soon as
you come to see this usage for what it is, it will rankle you
forevermore.

Just something to be on guard against.  One might try to find a
less offensive term--unless, of course, you meant to offend.

--tom