In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stefan Moch) wrote:

> if you want to have something like switch/case it is a good idea to use
> the 'case' of pascal, because it is easy to use and it is really clear.
> the 'switch/case' of c is (in my opinion) is not good for a language
> like perl which claims to be practical.

Is there any difference, besides the default fall through of
the C switch statement?

Just as important a point to my mind is whether to require case
labels to be constants or whether to allow expressions which is
much more flexible but which isn't what C or pascal do.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/