Of all the variations that I've seen so far (I'm way behind on reading
the list), the one I like the best is:

qc{ multi
line
comment
here }

Second best, but still acceptable would be:

#<<END
multi
line
comment
END

The reason it's second best, is because qc{ canbeusedinline } as well as
multi-line.  It's just an extension of the existing quoting mechanism.

The #< comment ># variations just don't seem "perlish" to me.  Sorry!
That's just a personal feeling.

If you just have to go with the #< set for a block comment, I rather
like the idea of making them #< and #> to end, starting in the first
column.

Again, for the stated purpose, #ifdef seems to be the more reasonable
way to go, rather than putting in a truly cryptic usage of the comment
pound sign.

E.W.