Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:43:05PM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> > Let me just say that Larry has said in the past that untainting was
> > deliberatly left difficult to do, on the basis that something which
> > can have serious effect (ie security) should not be easy to do.
> >
> > But then I suppose all previous decisions are up for re-deciding
>
> Yes, they are. If we're going to make it trivially easy to untaint,
> should we bother having tainting at all? :(

Tainting has potential uses as data-tracking mechanism aside from
security.  If the keyword 'untaint' had to appear, it would be easier
to find security issues than when m/(.*)/ is used.

Uh-oh, now we're getting back into perl6-language territory...
attempting to CC.

--
John Tobey, late nite hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>