> It means a lot more code to write (and debug) for the things that
> return these objects, and that means parts of perl will be
> slower, take longer to write, and take up more space.

Point taken. I don't think internals should be ignored altogether, just
that they shouldn't be the driving force in the language design.
Otherwise we'd wind up with something like C. :-)

One alternative is to add a pragma to implement this, maybe called
'object'. So a person could 'use object' to get the objects flowing
everywhere. But again, this is an implementation thing I'd rather save
until at least v2, after people have given input on the idea itself.

-Nate