(-internals removed from the CC list)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> All calendar systems are arbitrary.

Yup.  So let's use Larry's birthdate-and-time as the epoch marker.

Seriously, stick with 1970 (if we need an arbitrary marker, no reason
it can't be a familiar one) and extend date/time values to be
BigSoddingInts.  That'll mean we're not screwed by the +/- 69.summat
year problem that will hit the rest of civilization in 2038, and we
can do useful calculations like "number of days since Queen Victoria
ascended to the throne" without wrapping around in our int space.

Nat
(BigInts are not an internals headache, so I'm not bothering the
internals list, which is right now debating the difference between
arrays and matrices)