Thus it was written in the epistle of Nathan Torkington,
> Chaim Frenkel writes:
> > Why? What is the gain? Perl only runs on the local machine.
>
> Epoch seconds are a convenient representation for dates and times.
> Varying epochs make it an unreliable representation when data are
> shared.  A consistent epoch would fix this.

Well then, why 1970?  If we're defining our own, why buy into one which is
scheduled to blow up in 2038?  Why not at the very least start with Jan 1, 2K?

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
God ever arithmetizes.