On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Perl6 RFC Librarian wrote:

> This will ignore all leading white space on each line until the end terminator
> is found.  It effectively does s/^\s*// before processing each following line.

I don't agree with this, but....

> It also ignores whitespace (but not the line termination) after
> the terminator.

...I agree with this.

> Personally I find such blocks very usefull for cgi programming, when delivering
> large blocks of fixed html.

Personally, I find such blocks very useful for lots of things.  The
majority of my uses require/desire maintaining relative indentations,
and not the arbitrary removal of all leading whitespace.

Wasn't there a recipe for this?  (Although I wouldn't mind seeing it
implicit to the language.)

 --
Bryan C. Warnock
([EMAIL PROTECTED])