> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
   > : We already have plenty of statements with implied semicolons:
   > :
   > :  print "foo";
   > :  for @list {}
   > :  print "bar";
   >
   > Yes, we do, and I'm trying to figure out how to write a prototype for
   > one of those.  :-) / 2

Under RFC 128 and the forthcoming multimethods RFC:

        sub for (\$iterator, @list, &block) : multi;
        sub for (@list, &block) : multi;

I.e. collectively.

   > If you're into dwimmery, you could make all of these work, too:
   >
   >     print (1, 2, 4, ...)
   >     print (1, 4, 9, 16, 25, ...)
   >     print (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, ...)
   >     print ('a', 'b', 'c', ...)
   >     print (3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9, 6, 2, 5, ...)

You're an evil, evil man, Larry Wall.
You realize someone's probably revising the lazy lists RFC even as we type!

   > : BTW, I propose the this new operator be pronounced "yadda yadda yadda".
   >
   > If you want to save the world, come up with a better way to say "www".
   > (And make it stick...)

I thought your US political satirists had solved this one.
Isn't it now pronounced "Dubya, Dubya, Dubya"?

Damian