PRL> Likewise, if the "footer" option is specified with a string value, that
PRL> string is used as the footer of every page generated. If it is specified
PRL> as a reference to a subroutine, that subroutine is called at the I<start>
PRL> of every page and its return value used as the footer string. When called,
PRL> the footer subroutine is passed the current page number.

I can see why. But is there someway to be able to do dictionary like
from - to in a header/footer?

Magic Variables? Point the format at which variable(s) to watch

        range => qw(name other)

        footer => "$From{name} - $To{name}";

Would it be worthwhile to have a quick and dirty way of having the
formatter determine the max width and then allow the header/footer
to simply indicate left|center|right text?

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183